Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Blown away on a windy day

I had a really interesting experience today. It shocked me, got me a bit upset and really got me thinking that I really am too nice a guy to people. Here's what happened; a friend asked me a couple of weeks ago to help him move, said he would pay me $50. Well I did help him move, myself and 4 others. We didn't get paid that day, at least I didn't and I didn't see him pay the others at that time. He asked me that day if we could meet the following Wednesday (today), so I said sure. I figured as much as I needed the money then, I could wait a few extra days for it. Well the day arrived and he asked me to meet him at McD's at 1 pm. I was helping another friend with some driving so I was trying very hard not to be late, which I wasn't. I guess I can thank him for buying me lunch. Anyways we sat down and ate, made small talk then went and sat outside. If you recall it was very windy today. As we got seated he started talking about his thinking on my help with the move; should he really pay me the $50? Now he knows I'm in a situation where I'm not working very many hours at work right now...so every bit of money helps. Well he decided that my time helping him move was one friend doing another friend a favour and he wasn't going to pay me the $50. I WAS SHOCKED!!! I am surprised the wind didn't knock me off my seat. Needless to say whatever else he said kind of went in 1 ear and out the other. I sort of remember him asking me to help him this summer with some mission teams coming to Regina from Korea and Vancouver. So do I help him out, being the nice guy I am??

No comments: