Thursday, May 24, 2007

Funny Things About My Kids

I've forgotten how much my kids watch what I do, hear what I say when I think they don't and copy what I do. They've said some things lately that I know I've said...and things someone else has said. A funny one about my youngest, Robert. On Monday I'd stopped in at canadian tire after picking up the kids from their mom's. I got what I needed and we went home. The kids played outside while I started working on the car. While I was doing this, Robert decided he wanted to play in the car so he asked me if he could. I figured "why not" so I told him to go ahead...as he was going to open the driver's door I heard him say, "I'm dad." Anyways...away he goes, pretending to go for a ride..talking every so often...then I hear him stop and say, "I'll have a large double- double." On tuesday morning my older boy and my girl were having a conversation about the weather. Tyler said, "The rain is going to be here forever." Alexis replied, "No the rain won't be here forever, but it will be here for a long time." Tyler, "The sun won't shine ever again." Alexis, "Yes the sun will shine again, just not for a long time." As they headed out the door Tyler said, "Someone should talk to God about the rain." They walked to the car without saying anything else, but when they got too the car Alexis said, "Yeah someone should talk to God, but I'm not going to..you can." I had to chuckle at their talk...so cute.

1 comment:

JustJenn said...

hehehe... kids are great! it always amazes me how much they pick up from us... very cute!

Jenn