Thursday, April 24, 2008

Some Thoughts

I've had a great day today. I met a friend when I was on my lunch break, we just happened to go to the same place for lunch. Flavours Of India...excellent food, quite filling!! It was a good thing that I do a lot of walking on my job, got to walk off some calories from lunch...hahaha. This evening I spent some time with my older boy Tyler. My other 2 kids went to help their mom clean up her house. Tyler loved having dad to himself for a couple of hours...we went out for supper,then went to the Dollar Store to pick up some things. Just being together was fun for both of us...it has been awhile since I've been out with just one of my children for some 1 on 1 time. Funny..I've let their mom have some 1 on 1 time, but haven't done it myself. I'm planning to do this more often...maybe once a week. I also had a strange feeling as we were sitting there eating..I realized that I'm lonely. I went through this kind of thing last year in the early months of the year too. I thought of a couple of people and started to wonder...could it be her? The same thing has happened a bit more frequently this year..I'm not saying I look at every woman and think like this...hahaha...but there has been a few. I've been thinking about someone I haven't seen in what seems to be a long time, but really isn't. I've met someone who has caught my eye...but I'm hesitant ( chicken ) to let her know that. So there I was having supper with my son...with the lonely feeling...wondering "Why don't I say something to them?" I know my kids will accept whoever ends up as their step-mom...maybe I'm worried that they won't be accepted by their new step-mom. I know it isn't easy being a step-parent and it takes a special kind of person to be able to fully accept and love a step-child. We come as a package, my kids and I. Well that's something I can look at further. I just want to Thank God for the blessings he's given me in the opportunity to raise my children whether alone or eventually with a partner...

No comments: