Sunday, April 20, 2008

First 1 done...

Well the end of another great day ( despite the weather ). It was a bit hectic getting to church this morning...my daughter was invited to a friend's birthday party which included a sleep over. She didn't get dropped off back at her mom's until 5 minutes before church started. Now I'm nervous enough because I'm doing the opening...even more so when I arrived to pick up the kids from their mom's and my daughter wasn't there yet. Yeah a little bit of stress!! Anyways we got to church just as the youth Pastor was about to give an opening...talk about being put on the spot, he wasn't even prepared to give an opening. Things went great on my part...not as nervous when I stepped up to the microphone as I felt getting to church. Until this morning I didn't really know what to talk about, then I had a dream that I was about to apologize to the Pastor for not having anything to talk about. In my dream the church was quite empty so my first words really boomed in the church...while I was waiting for the sound to be adjusted people came in and soon the church was full. At that moment in my dream I suddenly knew what I was to talk about..so when I woke I went and checked the verse..Hebrews 6: 10. It made sense to talk about that because of some things I've been struggling with...but as I spoke in church I realized that someone else needed to hear this verse at this time also. I praise God for the inspiration because someone did share about a feeling of failure because some of the people she'd led to Christ aren't walking in the Lord right now and it was bringing her down. During our worship time a line in a song seemed to stick with me and I realized I have something for next week's opening.

No comments: